Thursday, December 13, 2007

The humor our son brings to our home...


Today, we made a trip to the ENT (Ear, Nose, Throat Dr.) Turns out he DOES need his second set of tubes put in AND his adenoids removed. Awaiting reply from the surgery scheduling nurse for more details. It will be before year end though. It was funny, when the Dr. looked in his ears he told him that he was, "Looking to see if Lightening McQueen was in there". Ear #1--Not there....Ear #2--Not there....so.........Luke's tell's the Dr. to look in his nose. I got a laugh outta that one.

Then we were out and about today running errands. I picked up some foamy Christmas stickers for Luke. In the pkg. was several different Christmas themed stickers: a tree, snowman, present, candy cane and gingerbread man. He said, "Mommy Gingerbread man doesn't have any whips (LIPS)." I said, "Oh no, he sure doesn't. What are we going to do?" to which Luke replied, "Mommy, we need to go to the whip (LIP) store and get him some, right now". Now that's creative. If you don't have something, go to that specific store to buy them, right??? In this case that would be the Lip Store.

I decided to lay down and take a nap with him this afternoon. NO AMBER, I DON'T NAP EVERY DAY (contrary to what you might think). Luke said, "Mommy, it's time to go to sweep (sleep)--close your eyes". I said, "Ok, and closed them". Then Luke said, "I've got mine closed too--SEE". I said, "How am I supposed to see YOUR eyes, when mine are closed, you silly"? He said, "Oh yeah"....

He decided to don daddy's socks to nap in. As you can guess they were knee-socks on him. Anklets on Daddy.

This boy is growing up too fast. He's shooting up like a weed. I've been having to get him 5T size pants, because the 4T are looking like high-waters on him. He's only 3 people.....
Finally, the picture here is of the special teddy bear cookie I made for Luke. He loved it. I caught him eating teddy's ears off when I wasn't looking. Little Winkerbean.
I love that boy, he brings such joy to our lives.

There are several people we know who are sick right now, so I want to let you know that we're praying for you: Janessa, Brenton, Carolyn, Camden, Noah, Carol Ann, GranDee, Jenny, Julian, Melinda.
Heather

2 comments:

3 Men, 2 Ladies and a Hound said...

We may see you in the waiting room while Luke and Camden are having surgery. We are scheduled for the 27th, if he is healthy.

Brooke said...

Enjoyed talking to my boy last night! Love him!