Monday, December 17, 2007

Conversations with a stocking...

Today was Luke's class' "Happy Birthday Jesus" party. He had so much fun making glitter angel ornaments and a graham cracker gingerbread house. Then they got to act out the nativity scene (Luke was a cow). He kept mooing as the teacher read the story. Then he got to sing happy birthday to Jesus and got to eat yummy cupcakes. The parties finale was topped off with gifts from his teacher. He got a snow globe, a snow man ornament and a stocking with his name in glitter.

When we got home it was nap time (for both of us). I told him he had to lay his stocking down for it's nap too. So, he set up a special pillow for his stocking to lay on. He put the covers up over it and said, "Now, you close your eye's, you hear me". Then he layed down. A few seconds later his head popped up and he said, "Mommy, stocking doesn't have any eyes". I laughed so hard.

Just like last week when the gingerbread man didn't have any whips (lips) and Luke told me we needed to go to the Lip Store to get him some. I'm sure we're going to have to head to the Eye Store to get stocking some eyes so he can close them during his nap.

In other news, my mother in law successfully completed her first chemo treatment with ZERO side effects. Thank you for all of your prayers. Please keep them coming. I sat with her while she rec'd chemo this morning and she was in great spirits. We met many kind people who were also receiving their chemo. The head nurse, Zelda called it the "Monday Group". They were all a hoot. In fact, they all kept telling each other how "great" they were. It they can be great in the midst of those circumstances, I can surely be great in mine. I'm so thankful to get to spend Christmas season with my family this year. That's the greatest gift of all for me. Carolyn, has chemo every day this week and then a 2 wk. break. If you could continue to pray that the chemo goes only to the bad cancer cells and steers clear of the good one's. Thank you Jesus for holding Carolyn in Your strong hands today while she underwent her treatment. We give Glory to YOUR name for your faithfulness to her.

Heather

No comments: