Saturday, December 29, 2007

Career in grocery management???

Watch out Tom Thumb. It looks like my little munchkin will not be getting his PhD. in "grocery management" ANY time soon.

Let me set the scene: SuperTarget parking lot. $148 worth of groceries for mommy to load in the trunk after 2 hour shopping trip. Luke sits holding his Mickey Mouse ricotta-filled ravioli box. I'm leaning down to grab the Dasani 24 pk of H2O. I look up just in time to watch Luke hurl the gently packed grocery bag of a dozen eggs to the ground. It was one of those "Ohhhhh Lukkkkkkkke" moments. Immediately, I realized he didn't know any better and was trying to help out as much as his little 3 yr old mind could comprehend. I told him that he broke all the eggs and that now we had to throw them in the trash. It was one gigantic omelette in the parking lot of Target. All the way home Luke said, "I sorry Mommy, I bwoke de eggs, now we have frow dem in de trash". I said, "That's ok, that's how you learn!". He said, "Yeah, dey're dirty now, we frow in trash".... Whad'ya do!!!

On another note, I found a really cool website freerice.com that donates 10 grains of rice through the World Hunger Organization for every vocabulary word you get right. Click on it and see what I'm talking about. It's pretty addictive for "wordie's" like me. I spent an hour challenging myself. Tim, I think you might really like this site. See if ya'll can beat my level 38 vocabulary. I've donated 16, 730 grains of rice so far. (I found out about this site from my friend Sweet, Southern, Spirited) Plus, with RICE in the name who could go wrong, right???

Heather

3 comments:

Amber said...

I soooooo wish that I had that much time on my hands to do all that you do....You go girl with all of your things......

I am Heather...creator of all things crafty! said...

We all have the same 24 hours in a day.

Trina said...

HI!!! It was so great to see you today!!! Such a joy!!! I looked at the comment from someone named "Patty" and that is not my mama. Take care and I'll talk to you soon! Love you!