Sunday, September 24, 2006

I'm an Aunt!!!! Emery Kate is here....

My little niece Emery Kathryn Stone was born Sept 22, 2006. She weighs a whopping 1 lb. 9 oz. and is 12.5 inches long. She is 3 mos. premature, born at 28 wks-- so she is in the NICU at UK Medical Center in Lexington, KY. She's a little peanut, but a fighter none the less. Thank you for everyone's prayers. Please keep them coming Miss Emery has a bit of growing to do. Mom and baby are doing fantastic! Miss Emery is 100% breathing on her own, no oxygen needed. That's a miracle too. Everything about Emery is a miracle. Thank you Jesus for bringing her to us safely. Of course she'll be in the hospital for a little while until she gets a wee bit older. For now, she's thriving in the NICU. No setbacks whatsoever. We're so excited for Brooke and Michael. Congrat's Mommy and Daddy. Isn't Emery a little cutie patootie! I think she's just perfect. She's got charming good looks, just like her Aunt Heather. (wink)

9 comments:

3 Men, 2 Ladies and a Hound said...

Praise God!!! I was so happy to hear that Brooke and Emery are doing so well. We will keep the prayers coming in the months ahead. Please keep us updated.

Congratulations on being an Aunt!

Matt and Cindy Fleharty said...

She's so precious! Thanks for posting these and keeping us updated. What a tiny miracle!

Anonymous said...

Heather, I've been checking your blog every few hours for news on your little niece. I'm so glad she and her mommy are doing so well! It's great she is breathing without assistance! She is small for 28 weeks, isn't she? I'll pray that she'll grow quickly and have NO complications.
Carole Perkins

Phat Girl said...

Emery is absolutely beautiful! Congrats Brooke and Michael! I am praying for you guys. Praise be to God.......Emery Kate is here!

Jason Rice said...

1 lb 9 oz (or 25 oz).....

That's like 2 Diet Coke cans!

Anonymous said...

She's precious and amazing! I've been checking every day also and I'm so glad she's doing so well. We'll keep praying for everyone!

Tracye Woodfin

Trina said...

Praise the Lord!!! I am so glad to hear that Emery Kate is here safely! I too have been checking the blog regularly for updates and was so glad to get an email yesterday and to see the blog today! Congrats, Aunt Heather!!! I will keep praying for this sweet family! Take care!

Beth said...

She's sweet! Jennifer emailed me pictures. She was almost born on my birthday--Sept. 21st.

We sent Brooke a card because we didn't know if she could have visitors. Plus, I'm always around germy 7th graders, and I'm afraid I'll be too germy to visit.

Matt and Cindy Fleharty said...

Hi Heather! Is there anything that Brooke and Michael need right now (other than prayer, of course)? I doubt Emery can use anything on the registry yet?