Thursday, March 09, 2006

Exciting little things....

I was just thinking today about some exciting little things...going's on if you will.

Met the next door neighbor today. So nice, single gal with a sweet sweet spirit and personality. I can tell we'll be great friends. We invited her to church. Luckily, while standing out on the porch chatting we both detected a "natural gas" smell. I called the gas company and sure enough we DO have a gas leak down by the meter at the street. Sure glad our sniffers were working. They'll be out in a little while to fix it. In fact, I think they just showed up.

Found some cute things for the house today at Stonebriar Mall (Kirklands ROCKS!!!) We found a cool table for the breakfast nook. Now if we could only buy it without a trip to the ER. (see previous post for those details.)

My friend Danny just got a huge job offer with Ann Taylor Loft--Regional VP, he's leaving Chicago and moving to Washington D.C. Go Danny, he works really hard.

My cousin Ty's tests came back that they removed all the cancer in his last surgical procedure. Yeah God.

I'm reading another great christian fiction book by Francine Rivers--Redeeming Love.

Jason just got his quarterly bonus. Our income tax check is on it's way.....I figured out what colors I want to paint the living room/kitchen/b. nook areas.

We have such a quiet dishwasher....yes, I'm even thankful for that.

My next door neighbor on the other side of us looks like he's going to really take care of his house (unlike our last next door neighbor/felon).

I love rocking on our porch at night. It's Jason and I's time to chill, relax and talk.

We are so lucky, so blessed and so thankful that the Lord has provided for us in ways we would never imagine. He's given us such great friends and family.

Oh, I almost forgot I get to watch my sweet nephew Beau Bo tomorrow morning so mommy can go to a Dr's. appt. Can't wait. Luke will be so excited to have a play mate.

My friend LaNae's son passed some standardized tests that he was having trouble with. Go Jaylen....

Aunt Brooke just got a new job working in HR in a center for the mentally challenged. She'll be good at this because she's got such a compassionate heart. Also, her adorable purses are selling well...It's all about word of mouth.

Jason just rec'd a promo. of sorts at work to a lead position. His new tasks are a little different than before. A welcome change.

I saw my pregnant friend at the mall today (Casey Tucker) she looked like she was so ready to have her baby. She didn't see me so I just kept walking.

Pokeno is upcoming next week with the "girls". Can't wait. Sharon--hope you can come this time.

My friend JJ is volunteering at the Neighborhood Outreach Center in McKinney. Way to give back to our community.

That's about it for now. We are blessed!

No comments: