Thursday, March 23, 2006

Ear infections will soon be down the tubes....

Well...the long awaited ENT (ear, nose & throat) appt. commenced yest. for Luke. As suspected the boy needs tubes in his ears. Too much fluid behind the eardrum, coupled with chronic ear infections has brought us to this point. So, we'll be taking him in for the quick 20 minute procedure in April.

I'm thankful for the ENT's diagnosis because it seems that Luke's pediatrician was not as proactive as I would have liked. He probably should have had tubes 3 ear infections ago. Oh well...hindsight is 20/20.

Speaking of pediatrician's, today was Luke's 20 mo. (suppose to be 18mo.) appt. He weighs 29.10 lbs. and is 35 inches tall. She told me he's well on his way to be at least 6 ft. if not taller. Luke would like to thank his grandpa Stredwick (who's in heaven) for the"tallness" genes.

Luke is right on track with language, words, height, weight, etc.....He got a clean bill of health 3 shots (which he did not like, who would?) But, they had to be done. Immunizations are a must for a healthy child. I'm looking forward to the next few months as with tubes he'll probably be able to hear better therefore really start talking the Doc. said. We'll see....he goobles and gobbles a lot already. He says, Hi, Bye, Bye-Bye, Bye Ya'll, Hello, Nana, Poppa, Dada, Momma, Outside, car, ball, Beau, Wow, Uh-Oh and he can identify his belly, feet, hands, hair, head, nose, mouth and eyes. Such a smart boy. I know for sure he's going to be very detail-oriented...hmmm wonder where he gets that. He's very analytical...hmmm wonder where he gets that....

Last night I hosted a girls night out dinner. It was great to share some fun and fellowship time with Heather, Amber, Kjrsti, LaNae, Sharon, Tammy, Soprina, Stacy, Jocey & Jen. What a great group of friends I have been blessed with. Jen is moving to Ark so we had a sort of sending off dinner for her and it was Amber's bday so we killed 2 birds with one stone. Plus, it was my first official dinner party at Casa De Limon. I have to say, it went off without a hitch. We dined on scrumptious food, wine and desserts. Thanks everyone for bringing your fav. sides to share.

My friend Jan had her baby 2 days ago. Garrett Sumner Christian finally discovered America. Little Lauren will be a great big sis. I'm waiting until they get home and settled over the weekend to drop by for a visit. I don't want to have a "I don't want a Wendy's hamburger" fiasco on my hands. (some of you know what I'm talking about!)

I will post some pic's of the house soon. I gotta take some of the new walls. They really look good. I got lots of compliments from my dinner guests last night so I guess I picked some good one's. For those of you wanting to know what color the kitchen and living room are it's Benjamin Moore's Roxbury Caramel. I got it mixed at Home Depot though in Behr paint instead of Benjamin Moore. Home Depot can color match exactly if you tell them B. Moore Roxbury Caramel. Thanks to IKEA for painting one of their walls that color. That is where I originally saw it.

Sis has got a new job, sounds like all is going well and she loves it. Beau is doing better with his ears since getting tubes. Jason is liking his new lead position at work. That's all folks!

Heather

1 comment:

3 Men, 2 Ladies and a Hound said...

Thanks Heather for hosting an impromptu girls night out. I didn't realize how much I needed!