Wednesday, October 05, 2005

"Surrounded by Love" basket....

I have to share what a exciting time the girls and I had presenting Heather with a "surrounded by love" basket. The idea was birthed by Jen S. and it blossomed into an awesome love basket. The concept was that we would fill a large basket for Heather of items that meant something to us and would mean something to her. When she was feeling lonely or sad or reflective thinking of her dad's passing she could grab something from the basket we made and remember how loved she is by all her friends. Well....guys the basket was a whopping success. We all gathered for coffee Jen, LaNae, Karen, Dani, Heather and Me. We waited about an hour before presenting the basket to her. She was dumbfounded. I wish I'd had my camera. The look on her face upon presentation was priceless. She said that she kept thinking, "Who's birthday is it?" and "What's this for?". That's what she kept saying, "What's this for?" It was too funny. She went through all the items while we watched. It was a moment not soon to be forgotten. There were so many lovely items: candles, encouraging books, chocolate, flower pots etc....It was simply the best experience for us as the givers. It felt like Christmas in October. The anticipation was killing me and I did really good at keeping it all a secret from her. She was totally and I mean TOTALLY flabberghasted. Heather is such a special part of my life. She's my best friend. I can tell her anything. She's such a strong person with a loving heart and spirit that is contagious. She's always got a kind word to say to everyone she meets. She would say that her dad was her mentor in how to be a Godly person. I would have to say she's passing on his legacy. I'll wrap up now and say first of all that Jen should go into business with her "surrounded with love" basket idea because I think that she'd have a great thing going. She's very creative. Second, I want to say how blessed I am to have such a great core of girlfriends. We've decided on another movie night next Tues. so if any of you are reading and want to come it's a come one, come all, bring more friends. It'll be late night showing...stay tuned for times. But we're going to see the new Cameron Diaz chick flick that comes out on Fri. It'll probably start around 10pm. That's how it's been in the past. So tuck the kiddies in and come for a fun night out on the town with us. The more the merrier.....More details to come.

No comments: