Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Conversations with 2 sweet toddlers....

Ok, it's official Luke and his cuzzin Beau officially like each other again. They went through about a month of yelling, hitting and smacking each other for no apparent reason. The last couple of days I've seen quite the turnaround.

Today, I picked up Beau from school (he's 2 remember) and Luke (he's 3). My assignment was to take Beau to Nana's house for him to wait for Mommy and Daddy to get off work. I got them both strapped into their car seats. Both had little treats that Luke's teacher Ms. Kelley had given them. They were eatting their little sweetarts and chit-chatting in the back seat with each other. I interjected with, "So boys, did you learn anything at school today?" Beau, "Yep!" Luke, "Yep!". Me, "That's good, did you learn about Jesus today?". Both said, "Yep"! I said to Beau, "So, what did you learn about Jesus Beau?" Beau said, "Jesus was born in a manger". I said, "That's right, he sure was, very good". Then I said to Luke, "What did you learn about Jesus today?" Luke said, "Jesus is a mess!". I started laughing so hard.....I could never get him to tell me why he thought Jesus was a mess. Then Beau started telling him, "No, Luke Jesus isn't a mess, he was born in a manger". Luke got sick of hearing Beau repeat that over and over that he said, "Ok Beau, I hear you...Jesus was born in a manger"! It was just too funny.

Please continue to pray for Tricia, Gwyneth and Nate (Confessions of a CF Husband). Tricia is being weaned off her sedative. Hopefully they'll be able to remove her breathing tube soon so she can converse with her husband Nate. God is doing a great work there. I know your prayers are coveted by this dear family.

Heather

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now you know a little what it is like having 2!!! Try that conversation 24/7...along with hitting, slapping, yelling, hugging and kisses. I swear sometimes they are manic or bi-polar. I think it is neat that the two cousins are going to be very close. What a great thing!
Dana

Amber said...

I saw your question on 'CF Husband'. I cannot say for 100% sure, but I'm 99.9% sure that Tricia will only be able to receive a double lung transplant from a donor who has passed away.

I, too, am a CF patient and double lung transplant recipient (Sept. '05). The way it was explained to me when I was in the process of getting listed on the UNOS list, is that because of our CF, it would unfortunately not do any good to just get one lobe or even one lung from a living donor, The still damaged/'CF' lung would just start attacking the other one! The only option we have with our disease is inevitably the bilateral (double) lung transplant surgery.

May we continue to pray for Tricia's successful double lung transplant!

Hope that helps!
Amber Metz
www.ambermetz.com

Jim and Jami said...

How funny are those two boys.....Our little grandbabies, Blake (3), and Shelby (2), are at the yelling, hitting, smacking stage, it kinda wears Granma out! Can not wait until the hugs and kisses stage starts..... I wonder why Luke said that Jesus was a mess.....Hmmmmmm.

Michelle Kemper Brownlow said...

You are such a good person for lifting these people up!