Tuesday, October 03, 2006

If I ever...Wiggles Savvy...Booster Seat dry run...



Ok, I was pondering this tonight. Now don't think I'm strange but since I've been Ebaying and doing consignment shows this season. I'm in my 4th one this weekend I've come to realized just how much money people spend on name brand clothing for their KIDS. Now, ya'll all know that I've become quite the thrift store bargain hunter. Scoring some major MAJOR bargains. So, to me when people spend $65-$120 for name brand stuff for their KIDS it astounds me. I would never and I repeat NEVER spend that much on an outfit for Luke even if it was 24kt. gold lame' fabric. Everything he gets is name brand, but at thrift store prices. He wears Gymboree, Gap, Old Navy, Children's Place, etc....only for a fraction and I do me a fraction of the retail cost. And no it's doesn't have stains or tears. It's perfectly wearable and then I resell the stuff I buy at the thrift store for .99 for $9.00 at the consignment shows when he outgrows it. Pretty good ROI...(that's return on investment) for those of you who aren't in the business world talking financial "shop" anymore. So...this idea came to me. If and only if I ever open up an upscale boutique shop selling respectfully worn aka...used (the pc term) clothes for infants and toddlers I am going to name it....get this are you ready....maybe I should trademark this before I tell you....oh well, I trust you. I'd name it: "MORE DOLLARS THAN CENTS" ya get it. It has a double meaning. How's that for creativity. Now if any of you takes my name I will have to send Guido out to find you and he's got a GPS device that is pretty precise.

In other news, my niece Emery Kate did have a blood transfusion today. It was only 8cc, but she was having sleep apnea. Since she's on the monitor they could tell when she'd briefly stop breathing and have to pat her little back to get her to wake up and breathe that is because her body is not yet making red blood cells so the transfusion perked her right up. She's going to be fine and the nurses have told Brooke that this is totally normal for preemie's. They keep a close eye on her. They've taken her off all her fluid iv's and is getting straight breastmilk as her nutrition source now. She's up to 8cc-9cc of milk every 2 hours. This in turn has made her gain a little weight. Yippeee....she's up to 1 lb. 12 oz. now. Pretty soon she'll be 2 lbs. then 3...than 32 like Luke. Please keep praying for her to gain strength and stop sleep apnea-ing...(is that a word?)

Speaking of Luke, let me tell you how smart this boy is. I was getting ready in the bathroom when I heard the Wiggles on the t.v. in the living room. I walked out, Luke hands me an empty Wiggles dvd case and says: "Iggles, Iggles". He had taken off the safety latch on the entertainment cabinet and and turned on the Wiggles DVD. I DON'T EVEN KNOW HOW TO TURN IT ON AND MY 2 YEAR OLD DOES. Scary huh.....Well...it just gets better

Yest. we bought a booster seat for the car because we think he's outgrowing his Britax carseat. Even thought state law says that kids under 40 lbs. are to be restrained by a carseat with harness straps, we thought we'd make him more comfortable and get a booster. He's so tall that his feet are dangling off the seat and he just looked too big for the carseat. Well...today we let him ride for the first time in the new and improved booster seat. Yeah, we'll be going back to the Britax carseat (Jason's already re-installed it in my car) because....little monkey can unbuckle the seat belt and was trying to unlock and open the car door while we were driving down Custer Rd. today. I think we'll adhere to state law and keep him carseated until 40 lbs. or more.....

Tonight we went to Nana's house for dinner and Beau and Luke played together so well. They are so cute mimicking EVERYTHING each other does. Luke lays on the floor, Beau lays on the floor, Luke puts rocks and berries in his mouth from the shrubs, Beau puts rocks and berries in his mouth, One throws river rocks...the other throws river rocks...you get the picture. The cutest thing though was when Luke went over and picked a flower (outta Nana's flower pot mind you) and brought it over and gave it to me. Such a sweet boy, already giving girls flowers. He could teach his Daddy a bit about that....(only kidding) I've gotten flowers at least 2 times since we've been together 10 years...isn't that enough...no....did I say that outloud?

Well...tomorrow is the big day to go try out the new Wiggly Play Center that opened last week in Frisco. It should be fun. My friends are going with me to let their kids run like banshee's too. I'm just praying for no meltdowns when it's time to leave....you know there will be. I have the biggest Wiggle-maniac for a son. Keep your fingers crossed. Oh, one more thing here's a cute picture I took of him today while he with right side up from another one of his couch-diving expeditions.

Stay tuned for the Wiggly Play Center update tomorrow....

3 comments:

Brooke said...

Thank you all for the prayers!
I can't believe how big my sweet nephew is! Can't wait to see him!

Anonymous said...

I think you should alter the store's name to MORE SENSE THAN DOLLARS> (Indicates savings.) Luke sounds like a typical boy pushing it to the limit. All sounds well with Emery. Love to you all.
Grandma Sally

I am Heather...creator of all things crafty! said...

Ah, you might be on to something Sally.