Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Robert Thomas McElya is here...

I just wanted to let everyone know how excited I was to be a part of one of my best friends babies birth yesterday at Baylor. Sweet little Robert Thomas McElya discovered America Dec 5. He was 9 lbs. 4 oz. and 22 inches long. Janna did so well. I am so proud of her. She didn't even get an epidural until dialated to 6 cm. When she was feeling a "little pressure". After all day of laboring, many bags of pitocin, walking laps around the halls it was determined that the baby was not engaging in the birth canal, was too large for a natural birth and was born via c-section around 7:30pm.

Daddy Wade was able to be with Janna during the c-section. He did so great. I'm so proud of him. What a sweet little baby they have been blessed with. They have been trying for about 6 years and God finally blessed them with a healthy and adorable little munchkin. I do not have a picture yet, I forgot my camera. However, I will have one soon to share. Not much else going on around here. We're all coughing and sneezing. I am hoping that we're not getting sick. We're under a winter weather watch tonight and tomorrow. Meteorologists are expecting sleet, snow and ice. Which means closed schools, icy roads and crazy drivers. Maybe Daddy will get to stay home tomorrow. Later taters.

5 comments:

Amber said...

Good Luck on missing any kind of work, especially here in Texas!

Amber said...

I almost forgot- Congratulations to Jana! I'm so excited for her.

Brooke said...

Congrats Janna Bananna and Wade! So excited for you all! What wonderful parents you will be!

Amber said...

Tell Jason- I have to go into work today! No staying home for me while Jeff gets to stay home playing X-box all day!! What a life.

Jason Rice said...

Well Ambah! I came into work today with all the ice and stuff on the roads. I bet you stayed home with the boyz didn't ya!

Wienie!