Monday, October 22, 2007

Tricycle parade....sans tricycle...

Luke & "Dorothy" (Joy)
Joy & Judah
Luke's Class, can't find him!
"Q"Dogg (Quinn), Matt & Brittany
He's our church youth pastor.
Cruse--in
Cruse "Drool Is Cool" Ross. Our pastor's grandson. He looks like a little mini- Pastor Randy, minus the pulpit.
Fire Chief Cade Ross...reporting for duty. I make McGruff look like a pansy.
Also, grandson to our pastor and bro to Cruse "Drool Is Cool".

Jarod, Shannon & Fire Chief Cade Ross.
Our pastor's daughter & hub's.
Mommy and Mickey Mouse. I'd like to come inside his clubhouse.
Cowboy & Cowgirl

Mickey Mouse...reporting for Grand Marshall duty.
Tate
Phoebe
Fire Chief Cade Ross
At least one little boy let him borrow his bike for a minute.
"Lucky" (Peggy) & "Patch" (Kelley)--Luke's Teacher's
Luke's Class
Fire Chief Cade Ross

Ok... let me first start off by saying I'm probably not going to win the "Mother Of The Year" award for this one. But, let me explain. I was pulling "single parent duty" this morning as Jason is in NY on business so, I wasn't able to load Luke's bicycle into the car on my own.
So, yes Luke was the only one in his class that didn't have a "vehicle" to ride on in his school's tricycle parade. So, shoot me! Heck, they gave him an even more important role of Grand Marshall since he was sans tricycle. He got to lead his class in to the gym to showcase their decorated bikes, trikes and scooters.

Let me remind you it was 50F degrees out, raining cats & dogs. I had to lug Luke, kid size Buzz Lightyear umbrella, napmat, my purse, the camera, Luke's backpack and Luke's lunch pail. All, while trying to get a 3 year old Mickey Mouse to stop splashing in the puddles (even though he was equipped w/rain boots). It was quite the feat let me tell ya. God, how did my mom do it as a single parent.

Anyway, the kids had a blast at their tricycle parade. The parents got some good laughs watching their little munchkins traipse around to and fro while completely dressed in Halloween attire. Beau sorry I missed seeing my cute little cowboy-clad nephew. Auntie, sorry I didn't get "the shots" of your little buckaroo. It was chaos in there.

I did however get lots of shots of Luke's class friends. These costumes and bikes were totally tricked out. One kid in his class came as a pirate and his bike was his "treasure chest". There were lots of Snow Whites, Supermen & various animals. Luke was Mickey Mouse. Can I get an M.I.C.K.E.Y. M.O.U.S.E. Love that boy! Enjoy the pic's.

3 comments:

Tim Perkins said...

Doesn't it make you wonder about the daily plight of a single mom? God bless 'em, I don't know how they cope.

Anonymous said...

Don't let it get you down too bad. Trust me...I cut corners all the time with my two. I feel your pain!!! With a husband that travels as much as mine...I might as well be a single mom raising two. Heck...my mom did it. I understand now what they mean about walking a mile in someone else's shoes. I've been walking in my mother's shoes for the past 5 years. :) I have a much deeper respect and admoration for her and other single parents out there.
;) I love Luke's outfit!!! Morgie saw this picture and said..."Look mom it's Mickey Mouse at Disneyworld!!"

Dana

Amber said...

What cute costumes!! It looks like everyone was having a great time. Wished I could have been there!!! Poor Beau- no one wanted to see him parade around the gym nor did he have a vehicle either!!! Poor Beau!!!!