Monday, June 12, 2006

Early Father's Day gift...organ-playing...



Ok, I got creative and made a homemade Father's Day gift. (It's just one of many gifts to come-NOT all homemade either!)

Since those of you who know me best know I can never keep gifts a secret until the actual day of the holiday/birthday/anniversary to give it to the person I had Luke do my dirty work this year. I went into the bedroom and got this little picture collage house I made with paper and crayons today and told Luke to go give it to daddy. He did and I peeked around the corner to watch daddies reaction. It was so cute. Luke walked up to Jason and handed it to him and walked off. Jason looked at it and said with a concerned tone, "Lukey-were you suppose to give this to me already?" Then I peeked and out and told him I was just too excited to wait until Father's Day. I told him he has other things coming ON Father's Day that aren't homemade but that I thought this would look cute on his desk.

I think the the best gifts are one's money can't buy! If any of ya'll would like to steal my idea be my guest. It turned out really cute. The bottom is folded under so that you can sit it on a desk. Daddy loved it!!!

Tonight was Granna's 84th birthday. We got together as a family at her house and ate a great spread of chicken and all the fixin's. We had a great time hanging out and watching Beau and Luke play her big organ.

Happy Birthday Granna, we love you! Also, big news today my sis got to see baby Stone's hand in a sonogram. How awesome. I remember the first time we saw Luke's hand & foot. I still have the pic's. Such a miracle. I'm so excited for ya'll sis. You'll love being a mom. It's the greatest job in the whole world and you two will be great parents.

No comments: