Tuesday, August 05, 2008

A very special friend...



To my sweet friend Margaret,

We came to visit you last night. You looked so peaceful. We stroked your hair, kissed your cheek, held your hand and told you how much we love you. I could tell you heard us. You tried to respond. You are a beautiful women who adds so much to our lives. You just had your first grand baby 10 days ago and he loves his grandma. You are expecting another grandbaby in March. These last 4 months have been so hard on you. What you have endured through chemo, hospitalization's, surgical procedures no one should ever have to endure. The hospice nurses told us that it could be any time now. You are not in any pain and we are grateful, you've endured too much already. Thank you for giving us Russell and Becky. I know you are proud of them. If it hadn't been for Russell, Jason and I would have never met. You are such a treasure. Always smiling from ear to ear. Your zest for life is unparalled. I wish more than anything that we had more time with you. I know that Lord has other plans. As I told you last night, it is an honor to call you friend. Your spirit will live on through your kids and grandchildren. Turkey dinners won't be the same without you. Walks around the cul-de-sac won't be the same without you. All of us are forever changed for knowing you. Rest sweetly dear friend and when it comes time for the Lord to call you home know that we will be ok, Larry will be ok. Look down from heaven and be our guardian angel. We love you so much Margaret.

I quoted the scripture to you last night Jeremiah 26:14--As for me, I am in your hands; do with me whatever you think is good and right.

The time has come and it's good and right for you to live in heaven with Jesus. Thank you for sharing your life with us. We are better for having known you.

Godspeed,
Heather Rice & Family

No comments: