Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Is there ever a dull moment?

Just returned from the ER where we spent the evening waiting for the ENT specialist to retrieve this object out of Luke's nose. He got the bright idea to break off this plastic piece from his toy front loader dump truck thingy and shove it up his nose. Guess it beats a battery, huh Mimi!
We waited 2 hours before being seen by the ENT specialist. Doc came in the ER room and examined Luke. He concluded that another instrument, other than the metal tweezer-like nostril spreader instrument he had, was needed to do the extraction. It would take him 5 minutes to run up to his office in another part of the hospital and he'd be right back.
During this time, Jason, myself and Nana were just sitting there talking and waiting for the Dr. to return. Oh, I forgot to tell you he left the tweezer-ish instrument with Luke to "get use to it". We hear a loud shocking sound and Luke scream. Yes, you guessed it. He decided that the tweezers fit perfectly into the ELECTRICAL SOCKET. Holy Hell broke loose, Luke screamed and cried. He had a black finger and electrical burns on his pointer finger. Yeah, lovely huh!
Moral of the story...NEVER stick any objects into your nose or into electrical sockets. They WILL hurt you. Hey, at least we WERE in the ER, right!
I'm exhausted and Luke is sleeping like a baby. Shocking I know (pun intended).
He told me tonight, "Mommy I not put stuff up my nose again". Good idea son.
He kept telling the ER Doc's that he stuck a dump truck up his nose. I had to keep explaining that it was a part from his dump truck. We left dump truck in the trash at the ER. I told Luke we couldn't keep toys that were broken and that hurt him. He got the honors of throwing it away. He was sad but he waved goodbye.
I'm just glad he wasn't hurt seriously. I doubt he'll be sticking things up his nose any time soon. I think this one scarred him for awhile (at least a week).
Heather
P.S. On the way to the ER, Luke said, "Mommy, we need to fray (pray) for my nose to get better". And HE said a prayer. I think it's so sweet how he knows to ask God for help and that HE will help him.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thank the Lord that my sweet, little buddy is doing okay. Grandee said a pray for him too.

Anonymous said...

Oops, I mean a prayer.

Mommy to those Special Ks said...

OH my goodness!!! I'm so glad he is ok from the shock! AND I'm glad the dump truck came out of his nose! LOL Life is always an adventure!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! You poor thing!. I'm sure he won't be putting things in electric sockets any more either! I'm glad he is okay!

Dana

Patty said...

Definitely never a dull moment where your crew is concerned! I am so glad he is ok!

Julie said...

Oh my! Poor little guy - hopefully he learned his lesson about why we don't stick things in noses or electrical sockets!!

Blueeyes said...

I'm glad he is better! I'm praying for him!

Perez Family Spot said...

Poor little Luke!! We will be praying he gets better soon. I remember a kid electricuted himself in my 5th grade class, while we were in the library!! I guess boys will be boys no matter the age!! Gotta love 'em!! Must see You Tube videos I put on my blog!! All moms will be laughing :)

Lynn-Ashton and John's mom said...

Oh, no! I am sure Luke won't be putting anything where it isn't supposed to be anymore!!! Glad everyone survived it!

My Semblance of Sanity said...

HOLY CRUD HEATHER!!!!
I wasn't expecting the outlet - I thought you were going to say LUKE used the tweezers to get the thing out by himself!

Sheesh!
Thank God he is OK!!